Monday, November 19, 2018
We all know the concept of "Spring Cleaning"; the time of year where everyone gets organized and gives their home a deep clean as the weather starts getting warmer. But Spring isn't the only time to get organized. As the leaves start to fall and the temperatures drop, revisit your spring cleaning list and add a few seasonal chores to prepare your home for the upcoming holidays and colder winter months.
Outside Your House:
Inside Your House:
- Check weather stripping and caulking around windows and doors. Repair or replace as necessary.
- Check and clear gutters of leaves and debris. Don't forget the downspouts too.
- Clean patio furniture and store inside for the winter.
- Drain hoses and sprinkler systems.
- Touch up paint on doors or railings as needed.
- Rake fallen leaves regularly.
- Winterize lawn mower and other lawn equipment.
- Wash the outside of your windows and doors.
- Clean light fixtures and dust thoroughly. Don't forget to dust your ceiling fan blades.
- Vacuum upholstry and window treatments.
- Wash the inside of your windows. Wipe down the sills, blinds and trim too.
- Wipe down kitchen cupboards, countertops, and top of the refrigerator.
- Dust ceilings and walls. Vacuum baseboards and hand wash, if necessary.
- Vacuum refrigerator coils.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned.
- Straighten up closets and declutter, if necessary. Consider donating or selling any summer clothes you didn't end up wearing this year.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace the batteries, if necessary.
- Thoroughly scrub tile or vinyl floors.