Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Do you ever feel like Clark Griswold whenever your family takes a road trip? Things don't go according to plan, you get lost, or the kids drive you crazy. As tomorrow is the busiest travel day of the year, we here at Ball Homes thought it would be appropriate to share a few ideas to keep your kids entertained (and hopefully keep your sanity intact) as you make the long car, plane, or train ride to wherever your holiday festivities may be.
- "Name that Tune": a passenger in the car will hum the tune to a song and the other passengers need to gues what song it is.
- "I Spy": Use these printable cards from Prepared NOT Scared to spot different items along your route. The first person to spot all the items on their sheet wins.
- Use an almost empty peanut butter jars to store apple slices or celery sticks. You'll save valuable space by using less containers.
- Use small shower caddies to contain meals for small children. Each child will get their own caddie to put their drink, sandwich and snack into, for an easy-to-hold and juggle-free organizer.
- Tie an over-the-door shoe organizer to the back of the front seats to keep small toys, crayons, and books in order and off the floor. The best part is that everything is right in front of your child, so they can reach it themselves, which means fewer distractions for the driver.
What other tips and tricks do you use to ensure a smooth road trip? Share them with us on our Facebook page!
Monday, November 25, 2013
With new lots opening in Chilesburg Landing, we've also released a new Traditions floor plan into the Ball Homes collection, the Hemingway.
The Hemingway is one of our largest Traditions floor plans with space and features to meet any need. The first floor includes a large flex area off the front entryway, an open concept dining room, kitchen and family room, with the option for a corner fireplace. Off the kitchen is a pocket office with access to the powder room and the utility room with a large folding area. The first floor master suite is off the family room and features various luxury bath options, including dual vanities, enclosed commode, custom-tiled shower, spacious garden tub, and a room-sized master closet.
Upstairs, enjoy a flex area that can be converted into a media room, extra family room, or play area. Each of the upstairs bedrooms include a spacious walk-in closet and bedrooms 3 and 4 share a convenient Jack-and-Jill style bathroom. Also included upstairs is access to unfinished attic storage space over the garage.
Currently, this floor plan is available in our Chilesburg Landing community. For more information on this floor plan, or any in the Ball Homes collection, visit our website or contact a Ball Homes Specialist today!
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
New homesites in Chilesburg Landing were released for sale on November 19th, with four sales already underway. Chilesburg Landing offers more than two dozen of our Traditions floorplans, plus selected Villa plans, on homesites that are typically sixty feet wide, with plans ranging from 1993 to 3500 square feet. Homes include two car garages or larger, three to five bedrooms, with many flex room and loft options available. Homes in the Landing include an upgraded amenity package. Home base prices range from $209,900 up to $275,900 at the time of release. To learn more about Chilesburg Landing, visit an open house or contact a Ball Homes Specialist.
Monday, November 11, 2013
We wanted to take a minute to honor the brave men and women who have served or are currently serving in our armed forces. We understand that freedom is never free and we're so thankful for your service to our country.